X-Rings or Quad Rings are used in widely differing technical areas, for instance as individual sealing elements in pneumatics and hydraulics, and as preload elements for seals and wipers. Quad Rings are double acting, activated by the systempressure. The sealingeffect is generated by axial or radial preload. The preload of the Quad Ring is superposed by the hydraulic pressure, thus assuring the overall sealing pressure.
- Better pressure distribution compared to O-Rings.
- Used for special dimensioned grooves.
- Sealing over a wide range of pressures, temperatures and tolerances.
- Wide application ranges.
- Simple mounting.
- Compact and simple grooves.
- Easy and cost saving constructions possible.
Static sealing (e.g. flanges and threaded joints), rotation and linear movement applications with minor loads and small groove dimensions, additional sealing element in PTFE seals (PS08C, PS08D).