wiper with mounting cage for press-fit installation into axially open housings. wiping edge assures a reliable protection against penetration of dust and dirt, the use of plastic mounting cages avoids corrosion in the press-fit. for housings according ISO 6195-Type B.
- the seal profile and close machining tolerances provide a good static seal for the outside diameter, assisting in the prevention of ingress of humidity and foreign matter via the trailing side.
- the use of plastic for the retaining ring prevents corrosion in the seat.
- an interference fit on the outside diameter ensures the wipers are held in place
and also prevent humidity and foreign matter from entering via the outside
- this profile is not suited for pressure from the trailing side.
not bolded symbols; please consult our technical for application limitations
category of profile
area of application: hydraulics & pneumatics
- reciprocating rods on hydraulic cylinders.
- push rods and valve stems.
- (materials must be selected according to operating requirements).
- the profile is suited for mounting space according to ISO 6195-1986 type B.
WR 03 wipers are designed to keep dust, dirt, sand and metal chips away from the sealing and guiding elements, thereby avoiding abra- sive damage caused by external contamination.
for detailed information regarding chemical resistance please refer to our “list of resistance”. for increased chemical and thermal resistance rubber
materials are to be preferred, polyurethan materials increase wear resistance.
notes on special materials:
at temperatures above 80°C, the internal stress of POM may be lost. for the use of retaining rings above 80°C or below -30°C, the PEEK material may be
used (for limits to application see data sheet). aluminium rings have also been successfully used (shaping according to standard range). please note that the application limits are determined by all the materials used.
|sliding surface||according to seal data|
|bottom of groove||≤6,3||≤1,6|
mode of installation
the prerequisites for perfect functioning are careful fitting and an accurately dimensioned housing space. the wiper is pressed in; installation can also be done separately (first the retaining ring is snapped in and then the elastomer part).
|H [mm]||chamfer [mm] with angle 20⁰|
seal & housing recommendations
please note that we are able to produce those profiles to your specific need or any non standard housing. for detail measurements, please see jet seal pars catalog...
suitable for wiper housings according to ISO 6195/B.