wiper with interference fit on outside diameter, providing a technically accurate closure at the cylinder. special design of wiping lip allows retention of initial lubricating film. back support area prevents tilting of wiper. for housings according ISO 6195 - Type A.
- the seal profile and close machining tolerances provide a good static seal for the outside diameter, assisting in the prevention of ingress of humidity and foreign matter via the outside diameter.
- the design of the wiping lip, with its extremely rounded outline, aids to maintain the initial lubricating film; any dirt is wiped off reliably.
- the provision of a support shoulder, along with relief grooves on the matingseal face, prevents tilting of the wiper and pressure build up on the trailing side, which is to be avoided if possible.
not bolded symbols; please consult our technical for application limitations
category of profile
area of application: pneumatics
- reciprocating rods on pneumatic cylinders.
- push rods and valve stems.
- (materials must be selected according to operating requirements).
- the profile is suited for mounting space according to ISO 6195-1986 type A.
WR 04-A pneumatic wipers are designed to keep dust, dirt, sand and metal chips away from the sealing and guiding elements, thereby avoiding abrasive damage caused by external contamination.
for detailed information regarding chemical resistance please refer to our “list of resistance”. for increased chemical and thermal resistance rubber materials are to be preferred, polyurethan materials increase wear resistance.
|sliding surface||according to seal data|
|bottom of groove||≤6,3||≤1,6|
|L < 10 mm||0.2|
|L ≥ 10 mm||0.3|
|≤ 5||max. 0,3|
|>5.......≤ 7,5||max. 0,4|
|>7,5....≤ 10||max. 0,6|
|> 10||max. 0,8|
the L1 measurement, which is dependent on the height of the wiper, is selected as follows:
|H [mm]||L1 [mm]|
mode of installation
the prerequisites for perfect functioning are careful fitting and an accurately dimensioned mounting space. in general, wipers snap easily into their housings when distorted into a kidney shape (over 20mm diameter). when mounted in cylinders that cannot be dismantled, the rings can also be cut open. in such cases, an approx. 2-3% larger diameter should be chosen.
when the wiper is installed, the two ends are snapped into place first, and then the entire ring is pressed in along the entire circumference. no gluing of the joining ends is required.
seal & housing recommendations
please note that we are able to produce those profiles to your specific need or any non standard housing. for detail measurements, please see jet seal pars catalog...
suitable for wiper housing according to ISO 6195/A.
don’t hesitate to contact our technical department for further information or for special requirements (temperature, speed etc.), so that suitable materi- als and/or designs can be recommended.