WR 05 with chamfer, wiper usually fixed in housing with clamp flange. mainly used for replacement in old hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders or for secondary applications.
- in most cases the wipers are retained by the use of clamp rings. they are mainly used as replacement parts in old pneumatic and hydraulic cylinders and, to a lesser extent, as push rod sealing in water hydraulic applications.
- the design of the wiping edge aids recovery of the residual oil film; any dirt is wiped off reliably.
- pressure build-up is to be avoided if possible.
not bolded symbols; please consult our technical for application limitations
category of profile
machined or molded/standard/trade product.
area of application: pneumatics
- reciprocating rods on pneumatic cylinders.
- push rods and valve stems.
- (materials must be selected according to operating requirements).
WR 05 pneumatic wipers are designed to keep dust, dirt, sand and metal chips away from the sealing and guiding elements, thereby avoid- ing abrasive damage caused by external contamination.
the stated operation conditions represent general indications. it is recommended not to use all maximum values simultaneously. surface speed limits apply only to the presence of adequate lubrication film.
|sliding surface||according to seal data|
|bottom of groove||≤6,3||≤1,6|
|d||according to seal data|
mode of installation
the prerequisites for perfect functioning are careful fitting and an accurately dimensioned mounting space. in general, wipers snap easily into their housings when distorted into a kidney shape (over 20mm diameter). when mounted in cylinders that cannot be dismantled, the rings can also be cut open. in such cases, an approx. 2-3% larger diameter should be chosen.
when the wiper is installed, the two ends are snapped into place first, and then the entire ring is pressed in along the entire circumference. no gluing of the joining ends is required.
seal & housing recommendations
please note that we are able to produce those profiles to your specific need or any non standard housing. for detail measurements, please see jet seal pars catalog...
not suitable for wiper housings according to ISO 6195/A
don’t hesitate to contact our technical department for further information or for special requirements (temperature, speed etc.), so that suitable materi- als and/or designs can be recommended.