Rod seals are designed to seal the pressurized hydraulic fluid against the atmosphere, preventing leakage and pollution of the environment.
- Asymmetrical, single acting rod seal, designed with interference on the OD which provides a good static fit in the groove.
- Wider groove and softer lips compared to RS01.
- Dynamic sealing lip shorter than static lip to avoid drag pressure.
- Excellent static and dynamic sealing performance.
- Useable for long stroke lengths.
- Negligible tendency to “stick-slip” effect above a speed of 0.15 m/s.
Reciprocation rods in hydraulic cylinders, plungers where low friction is required Universal rod seal for small extrusion gaps and minor load impacts.
Also used as secondary seal in combination with RS09 (PTFE + O-Ring energizer). Max. pressure 160 bar, max. speed 0.5 m/s.
|bottom of groove||≤6,3||≤1,6|