as profile WR 01, but without back support area. for housings according ISO 6195 – Type A.
- the seal profile and close machining tolerances provide a good static seal for the outside diameter, assisting in the prevention of ingress of humidity and foreign matter via the outside diameter.
- the design of the wiping lip, with its extremely rounded outline, aids to maintain the initial lubricating film; any dirt is wiped off reliably.
- pressure build-up on the trailing side is to be avoided if possible.
not bolded symbols; please consult our technical for application limitations
category of profile
machined or molded/standard/trade product.
area of application: pneumatics
- reciprocating rods on pneumatic cylinders.
- push rods and valve stems.
- (materials must be selected according to operating requirements).
- the profile is not suited for mounting space according to ISO 6195-1986 type A. Design
WR 01 pneumatic wipers are designed to keep dust, dirt, sand and metal chips away from the sealing and guiding elements, thereby avoid- ing abrasive damage caused by external contamination.
the stated operation conditions represent general indications. it is recommended not to use all maximum values simultaneously. surface speed limits apply only to the presence of adequate lubrication film.
|sliding surface||according to seal data|
|bottom of groove||≤6,3||≤1,6|
|L < 10 mm||0.2|
|L ≥ 10 mm||0.3|
|≤ 5||max. 0,3|
|>5…….≤ 7,5||max. 0,4|
|>7,5….≤ 10||max. 0,6|
|> 10||max. 0,8|
the L1 measurement, which is dependent on the height of the wiper, is selected as follows:
|H [mm]||L1 [mm]|
mode of installation
the prerequisites for perfect functioning are careful fitting and an accurately dimensioned mounting space. in general, wipers snap easily into their housings when distorted into a kidney shape (over 20mm diameter). when mounted in cylinders that cannot be dismantled, the rings can also be cut open. in such cases, an approx. 2-3% larger diameter should be chosen.
when the wiper is installed, the two ends are snapped into place first, and then the entire ring is pressed in along the entire circumference. no gluing of the joining ends is required.
seal & housing recommendations
please note that we are able to produce those profiles to your specific need or any non standard housing. for detail measurements, please see jet seal pars catalog…
not suitable for wiper housings according to ISO 6195/A
don’t hesitate to contact our technical department for further information or for special requirements (temperature, speed etc.), so that suitable materi- als and/or designs can be recommended.