PTFE-wiper with O-ring as preloading element. PTFE part takes over wiping function, O-ring maintains equal contact pressure. good dry running properties, no “stick-slip”. excellent chemical and thermal resistance (depends on O-ring ).
- the seal profile and close machining tolerances provide a good static seal for the outside diameter, assisting in the prevention of ingress of humidity and foreign matter via the outside diameter.
- the wiping part consists of PTFE with fillers selected to suit the respective appli- cation, and an O-ring as a preload element. the PTFE part takes over the wiping function, the O-ring maintains even contact pressure.
- the design of the wiping edge aids recovery of the residual oil film; any dirt is wiped off reliably.
- pressure build-up on the trailing side is to be avoided if possible.
not bolded symbols; please consult our technical for application limitations
category of profile
machined or molded/standard/trade product.
area of application: hydraulics/pneumatics
- reciprocating, swiveling and coiling rods on hydraulic cylinders.
- push rods and valve stems.
- (materials must be selected according to operating requirements).
- small installation grooves.
- minimal break-out and dynamic sliding friction. therefore no stick-slip. steady movement is guaranteed even at low velocities.
- excellent sliding properties.
- high wear resistance, therefore long service life.
- available in diameters up to 2000 mm.
WR 14 wipers are designed to keep dust, dirt, sand and metal chips from the sealing and guiding elements, thereby abrasive damage caused by external contamination.
for detailed information regarding chemical resistance please refer to our “list of resistance”. for increased chemical and thermal resistance rubber materials are to be preferred, polyurethan materials increase wear resistance.
|sliding surface||according to seal data|
|bottom of groove||≤6,3||≤1,6|
mode of installation
the prerequisites for perfect functioning are careful fitting and an accurately dimensioned mounting space. in general, wipers snap easily into their housings when distorted into a kidney shape (over 20mm diameter). a large insertion chamfer must be provided (20-30°, length = (D-d)/4).
seal & housing recommendations
please note that we are able to produce those profiles to your specific need or any non standard housing. for detail measurements, please see jet seal pars catalog…
don’t hesitate to contact our technical department for further information or for special requirements (temperature, speed etc.), so that suitable materi- als and/or designs can be recommended.