wiper with secondary lip, the technically accurate closure at the cylinder is providing reliable protection, even for heavy contamination.
- the seal profile and close machining tolerances provide a good static seal for the outside diameter, assisting in the prevention of ingress of humidity and foreign matter via the outside diameter.
- the wiper seals by means of a secondary lip on the housing face. the tension of the secondary lip exerts pressure on the lip / shaft contact point, ensuring reli- able sealing both in static and dynamic areas.
- the design of the wiping edge aids recovery of the residual oil film; any dirt is wiped off reliably.
- pressure build-up on the trailing side is to be avoided if possible.
not bolded symbols; please consult our technical for application limitations
category of profile
area of application: hydraulics
- reciprocating rods on hydraulic cylinders.
- push rods, valve stems, equipment for underground working, equipment with major eccentricity, systems with highly abrasive con- tamination.
- fully mounted cylinders that are dip-coated do not impair the function of the wiper.
- materials must be selected according to operating requirements.
WR 51 wipers are designed to keep dust, dirt, sand and metal chips from the sealing and guiding elements, thereby avoiding abrasive damage caused by external contamination.
for detailed information regarding chemical resistance please refer to our “list of resistance”. for increased chemical and thermal resistance rub- ber materials are to be preferred, polyurethan materials increase wear resistance.
|sliding surface||according to seal data|
|bottom of groove||≤6,3||≤1,6|
|L < 10 mm||0.2|
|L ≥ 10 mm||±0,1|
mode of installation
the prerequisites for perfect functioning are careful fitting and an accurately dimensioned mounting space. in general, wipers snap easily into their housings when distorted into a kidney shape (over 20mm diameter).
seal & housing recommendations
please note that we are able to produce those profiles to your specific need or any non standard housing. for detail measurements, please see jet seal pars catalog…
don’t hesitate to contact our technical department for further information or for special requirements (temperature, speed etc.), so that suitable materi- als and/or designs can be recommended.